The site of the Constitutional Court used to be the residence of the first vice-premier, Kyu-Su Park(1807-1876), who was one of famous Reform Party politicians during the late Joseon Dynasty. Later, it turned into "the Kwang hye won" (1885-1887), the first modern style hospital in Korea. The site of Constitutional Court was also occupied by Kyong-gi girls¡¯ high school from 1910 to 1945 and Chang-duk girls¡¯ high school from1949 to 1989 and became the center of female education. This historic site is now occupied by the Constitutional Court of Korea and there adds more historic significance. Currently, the Courthouse preserves the White Pine, which is a rare pine tree in Korea and is also closely located to the traditional style house of the former president, Bo-Sun Yoon.